Burger Night! Oh yeah! I’ll admit it – here’s another meal that doesn’t require many recipes or skills. We need these kind of easy nights here and there, right?
Burgers – my hubby makes ‘em. Meat + whatever seasoning he pulls out of the cabinet. Throw the meat on the grill and add cheese at the very end. Ever since we discovered these slider buns, he started making slider size burgers. They are cute. The boys can eat 3 or 4.
Corn on the cob – we like the little Nibblers. I have to cut the corn off the cob for my girl with braces. She’ll get back to eating it on the cob in about 14 months.
Baked beans – easy. Quick.
Broccoli Apple Crunch Salad. Now, doesn’t that sound special? It is, because this recipe came from my friend, Jenn. I have loved everything she’s ever made for me. Well, except for that one time. Once, there was a chocolate cake. It was an epic fail.
OK, back to the broccoli. I like this salad because I feel good when I eat broccoli. I don’t like cooked broccoli. I only like it raw. Is that weird?
- 1lb fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 Fuji apples, chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 cup golden raisins or craisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Mix salad ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and chill at least 1 hour prior to serving.