Breakfast for dinner!
Who doesn’t get excited about this idea? My kids love it – and I’ll admit, so do I. It’s something I do when we don’t have much time between after school/homework and soccer practice.
This goes without saying, but they are best when eaten with bacon. And eggs.
Pancakes don’t always have to be circles, do they? Try making some unique shapes to surprise someone for a job well done! This was for my hubby shortly after he won the #1 sales award at work. Whoo Hoo!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk, plus a little more
- In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl use a fork to combine egg and buttermilk. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy). Add a little more buttermilk to thin the batter some.
- For standard-size pancakes, pour about ¼ cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet, spreading batter if necessary. Cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until pancakes are golden brown, turning to second sides when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry. Serve warm with the toppings of your choice.