I love Caprese salad! But, I don’t love tomatoes that are not red.
This salad is typically served with sliced tomatoes, sliced mozzarella cheese, and whole basil leaves. I like it this way if the tomato is red. As in, home-grown, summertime red – not pink or some other red-like hue.
I really like the cherub tomatoes that I can get year-round in my grocery store. They never disappoint, so I stick with them!
- 1 cup Cherub Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 package Marinated Mozzarella Balls
- Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Balsamic Vinegar, drizzle
- Rinse the tomatoes and slice each one in half.
- Slice cheese balls in half (not necessary, I just like a smaller bite, plus it makes the cheese go a little farther).
- Mix together the tomatoes and cheese. Add chopped fresh basil.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of the marinade that the cheese comes in. Stir together and add salt and pepper.
- Drizzle some good quality balsamic vinegar on top of salad.