This is really just a fancy, old-fashioned way to fix green beans.
A really good way to eat green beans.
And, these green beans are the perfect thing to take to a pot luck! This recipe makes a 9×13 dish, but you can easily size down if you want to make it family style.
Plus, there’s bacon. Need I say more?
OK. How about slivered almonds? Diced onions?
Yeah, it’s a winning combo.
And, it’s super easy to put together. Bonus.
If you have time, mix this together the night before and let the flavors meld overnight. If you forget this step, it’s OK. The green beans will still be wonderful and nobody will ever know the difference.
- 3 cans French style green beans
- 6 bacon slices, cooked & crumbled
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ – 1 cup almond slices, depending on your preference
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- Cook bacon.
- Mix together bacon drippings, sugar, and vinegar.
- Drain green beans and put into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle bacon and onion over green beans.
- Pour dressing over green beans.
- If you have time, marinate overnight in the fridge. If not, go ahead and cook. 350 degrees for 40 minutes.