These cupcakes go way back. So far back, I don’t even remember my first surprise cupcake.
At first glance, they look just like any ol’ chocolate cupcake. Right?
Well, just look again. On the inside…
There’s the surprise! OH MY GOODNESS! Feast your eyes on that yummy combination of cream cheese and chocolate chips. It’s heaven inside a cake.
The only way to eat these is straight from the fridge. Trust me. They must be cold for the highest potential cupcake enjoyment to occur.
OK, now I realize that I’m going way back in the archives here, but I just want to demonstrate how much these cupcakes are loved.
My son, Cooper, will show you. He’s only about 18 months old here. Go ahead, Coop. You can do it.
I’m pretty sure he liked it.
What? Doesn’t everyone wear their surprise cupcakes on their faces?
Please surprise someone in your life very soon.
- 1 devil’s food cake mix
- 1 8oz. cream cheese – room temp
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 6 oz. package chocolate chips
- 1 container of cream cheese frosting
- Mix cake mix according to package directions.
- Line muffin tins with 24 paper muffin cups. Fill cups ⅔ full with cake mixture.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar. Cream well and add egg and chocolate chips.
- Add one spoonful of cream cheese mixture to each cupcake. Bake according to package directions.
- Once cool, frost. I like to eat these when they are cold!