Need a Monday pick-me-up? This might help.
I met this Vodka Slush when I married into my husband’s family. They traditionally drink it at Christmastime. We often joke, saying “why do we drink this at Christmas, when it is usually cold outside? This really should be a summertime drink.”
Actually, it’s an anytime drink. It’s easy to make, easy to drink, and very refreshing.
I just made this for Marc’s birthday celebration. I even made a kid-friendly version (just leave out the vodka). The kids were pretty stoked about that. I may have heard the following: “Finally – we get to drink Vodka Slush, too”! Hee hee.
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup strong tea
- 6 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 ½ cups water
- Mtn. Dew, Sprite, or 7-Up
- Combine all ingredients except for the soda. Mix well. Pour into a container(s) and freeze for at least 24 hours.
- To serve – with an ice cream scoop, scrape the slush into individual glasses. Fill glasses ½ to ⅔ full with slush and top with Mtn. Dew, Sprite, or 7-Up.