I usually make these Cinnamon Apples with Pork Chops.
Quick – what came to your mind just now? “Pork Chops and Applesauce”? Yeah, you might be a child of the 70′s if…
or if you are like my kids, you are a child of a child of the 70′s whose mom loved The Brady Bunch so much that she bought her kids all 4 seasons on DVD and now her 2000′s kids can appreciate “Pork Chops and Applesauce,” too!
You’d think we could let Peter Brady die, but no – we can not eat Pork Chops and Applesauce without giving our best Peter Brady impersonation during dinner. We do this every single time and for some reason, it is always funny.
This is my little twist on applesauce. My kids LOVE these apples and it’s always a fight for the very last bite.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 whole Gala apples, diced
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cups maple syrup
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Add apples and stir to combine them with the butter. Sprinkle them with cinnamon.
- Pour in wine and vinegar and stir. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the maple syrup. Cover the pan and simmer on low for 20 minutes.