Wow! It’s another Crock-Pot recipe. Hot-Diggity!
These beans make a great side dish for any Mexican meal. You can spice them up by topping them with avocado, sour cream, salsa, or cheese!
- 1 lb. uncooked pinto beans
- 1 yellow onion
- 6 oz. bacon (sliced into 1-2 inch pieces)
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes
- salt, pepper, garlic salt, Cajun spices
- Soak the beans in a bowl of water overnight. Drain water and rinse.
- Put the beans in a Crock-Pot.
- Cut the onion into medium size slices and add to beans.
- Cut the bacon and add to the beans.
- Pour the Rotel over the beans.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic salt, Cajun spices (Tony Chachere’s etc.) to taste.
- Cover the beans with 3-4 inches of water over the top of the beans because when they start to cook they will absorb most of the water. Add more water if needed during the cooking time.
- Cook 7-8 hours on low.