We live in Texas, y’all!
I’d never even heard of Fish Tacos until we moved to Texas. They are served in lots of Mexican restaurants, and I quickly fell in love with them. Here’s how we make them at home.
- tilapia fillets, 1 per person
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 bag slaw
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- tortillas, flour or corn
- Heat broiler, with rack in highest position. Gently coat fish with oil and place in a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Broil until fish is browned on top and flesh is opaque throughout, 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the mayo and sweet chili sauce together in a small bowl.
- Mix the desired amount of slaw with green onions and cilantro. Slice the avocado. Warm the tortillas.
- When the fish is cooked, let the assembly begin. Add desired amount of fish to tortilla. Top with slaw, mayo/chili sauce, and avocado. Squeeze fresh lime juice on top.