I think this soup is fun and unique. It combines veggies with a fun cheese-filled pasta!
I like to use the non-refrigerated tortellini, found on the pasta aisle. The pasta is smaller than the refrigerated variety, and doesn’t swell very much when cooked.
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 package of your favorite frozen mixed veggies
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 12 oz. package cheese tortellini
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown sausage, onions, and garlic. Drain and return to stock pot.
- Add broth, soup, seasonings, and vegetables. Cook until veggies are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add milk and tortellini and cook until tortellini are tender (about 5-10 minutes). Sprinkle individual servings with cheese.