I love this little concoction. It can be served over rice or inside lettuce wraps. Either way, this recipe is a winner!
Use your favorite veggies here. It’s super easy to substitute for what you like!
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 (1-inch) ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or other light oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 small red chili peppers, very thinly sliced
- ¼ lb. mushrooms, stems removed and chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 ½ lbs. medium shrimp, deveined, tails off
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot cooked rice OR lettuce leaves (for wraps)
- Combine sugar, vinegar and ginger, and sweet chili sauce in a small pot and bring to a boil, dissolve sugar and turn off heat, reserve.
- In a skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onions, chili peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, carrots and garlic 5 – 6 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Add shrimp and toss 3 to 4 minutes more until pink and firm. Add the sauce to the veggies and shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.