I’ll use any excuse I can get to make pizza with a twist. You could say I like non-traditional pizza best.
I ran across a recipe on Pinterest for pizza on Naan bread. And to my knowledge, I’d never had Naan bread before. So, I decided I better try it. I found this one in the deli section of my grocery store.
I tweaked the recipe I found to my liking. And, I laid out lots of pizza toppings so everyone could make their own. Personalized pizza is pretty popular in my house.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 pieces naan bread
- cooked shrimp
- favorite veggies, sauteed
- 6 ounces mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Place olive oil, garlic and salt in a blender or small food processor and mix to combine.
- Lay out naan pieces on a baking sheet. Spread with garlic and olive oil mixture.
- Add shrimp, veggies and other toppings. Evenly sprinkle cheeses between the pizzas.
- Bake at 400° F for 8-10 minutes or until cheese starts to brown around the edges. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
Try adding pizza sauce, pepperoni, cooked sausage, leftover chicken, olives, jalapenos, etc. You can’t go wrong if you are using your favorites!