Seriously. Doesn’t the sight of this ice cream freezer evoke yummy Summertime memories? Oh, yes. I made a batch of my famous chocolate ice cream yesterday.
I took the ice cream to my neighborhood crawfish boil. When I pulled out the finished treat and started dipping, the kids came running. It was non-stop dipping and in no time flat, that whole gallon of ice cream was gone! I only managed to sneak in a few bites, so I guess I’ll be making some more very soon!
The recipe is SUPER SIMPLE, which is why I love it so much. It doesn’t contain any eggs, so it does not require any cooking! Can I get an Amen? Who wants to cook ice cream? Not me.
It always makes me think of a Wendy’s Frosty. Now, if I only had an order of fries to go with it. MMMMmmmmmMMmmm.
- 2 cans Fat Free Eagle Brand Milk
- 1 gallon Chocolate Milk
- Rock Salt
- Into a 4 quart ice cream freezer container, pour chocolate milk (use the store bought already chocolate milk – don’t use white milk mixed with chocolate syrup!) about half way full.
- Add the Eagle Brand milk and stir. Add more chocolate milk, up to the fill line on the freezer container. Stir again.
- Insert paddle and attach lid.
- Pack the freezer with layers of ice and rock salt. Start freezer and continue adding ice/rock salt until machine stops and ice cream is made.