If you ever decide to buy a cow, you will for sure end up with several packages of “round steak”. We discovered that round steak is not good as a “steak and taters” kind of steak. Nope. It’s a little tough.
However, round steak does make a pretty stellar steak sandwich! I’m a huge fan of Philly Cheesesteaks! This isn’t quite the same thing, but it is equally as yummy. And those caramelized onions are a real treat!
- 1 whole Large
- 2 sticks Butter
- 2 lbs. tenderized Round Steak
- Seasoned Salt
- ½ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- Hot Sauce, To Taste
- 4 Hoagie or Deli Rolls
- Slice onions and cook in ¼ stick butter until soft and light brown. Remove and set aside.
- Slice steak against the grain. Season with seasoned salt.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter over high heat until melted and beginning to brown. Add meat in a single layer. Cook one side until brown, then flip and cook until brown, about a minute on both sides.
- Add ½ cup Worcestershire sauce, 5 to 6 shakes hot sauce, and 2 tablespoons butter. Add cooked onions. Stir to combine.
- Butter halved hoagie rolls and brown in skillet.
- To assemble, lay bottom half of French roll on plate. Add meat and onion mixture and a spoonful of juice from the pan. Top with other half of roll.