OK, first thing’s first. Let’s talk about Naan Bread. Whoever came up with this idea was genius. Apparently, it’s been around for over 200 years, but I’ve only recently discovered it. It’s this really great Indian bread which reminds me of a cross between pita bread and a tortilla. And since I rarely meet a bread I don’t like, just add this to the top of my favorite’s list. We’ve found that it makes an outstanding “crust” for our personal DIY pizza nights at our house!
By the way, I’ve found the Naan in the deli section and also in the frozen bread section of my grocery store.
Get everyone in the kitchen. Give each person a piece of Naan and let them go to it. Cooper likes garlic a lot. In fact, he claims it as his favorite vegetable. He also added shredded mozzarella cheese and basil from our garden.
Slice and dice. There just might be 2 sets of hands (and 2 knives!) sharing the same cutting board. So what? No one was injured.
Brie cheese, tomatoes, and garlic. It’s all here.
Kids’ pizzas. Pre-cooked.
Kids’ pizzas. Post-cooked. Yum.
This one’s Marc’s. You might say we’re a little crazy for caprese. Those are our garden tomatoes and basil, I might add.
Here’s mine. Peaches, brie, and bacon. I might have been a little heavy handed with the balsamic drizzle. It’s a good thing I like balsamic.
Beautiful. Seriously. Delicious.
- Naan Bread, 1 per pizza
- 4 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 Sliced peach
- Brie Cheese, sliced
- Cooked bacon, chopped
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Marinated Mozzarella balls, halved
- Fresh basil
- Brush the Naan bread (aka “crust”) with a little olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange toppings on the bread as desired.
- Top with sliced peaches, small slices of brie, and chopped bacon. Bake about 10 minutes, or until all the cheese is melted. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Top with cherry tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese balls (I like the marinated variety found in the deli section of the grocery store). Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and tomatoes have cooked. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Top with your favorites!
- My kids chose – basil/bacon/mozzarella & brie/pesto/mozzarella