Have over ripe bananas lying around?
Here’s a great alternative to banana nut bread. Plus, this recipe includes peanut butter. I happen to love peanut butter. I strive to eat it daily.
These muffins are great for breakfast, an after school snack, or dessert!
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line muffin tin with muffin/cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a mixer, mix together bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg and sugars.
- Add the dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix until just combined. Batter will be lumpy. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool about 10 minutes.