These Homemade Granola Bars are perfect for an after school snack!
Or for a lunch box treat!
Heck, my kids will eat them anytime they are made! And, so will I.
And you want to know the best part about making these? They are no bake!
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cups plain granola
- 1 cup rice cereal (Rice Krispies, etc.)
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips
- Line 11×7 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray the paper with non-stick spray.
- Combine butter, honey and brown sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the granola and rice cereal into the saucepan and fold them into the sauce until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pans and press firmly with a spatula to evenly fill. Sprinkle the chocolate and peanut butter chips onto the top of the granola and gently press them down with the spatula.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes or until cooled and set. Cut into desired size bars.