Ok. We had our first “cold snap” here in Texas. And by cold, I just mean that it is finally not sweltering hot with 97% humidity.
Hooray for Fall! Hooray for soup!
This is a great soup to make. It’s easy, fast, and makes a big pot full. So, this means that you can invite over a neighbor for dinner. Or, do what I did and share half of the soup with your friends who just had a baby. Or, eat half now and freeze the rest.
You get the idea? It makes a lot. Which is great since Cooper ate 4 bowls of it last night.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 package taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese
- 2 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can red beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 15 oz. cans whole kernel corn, drained
- Fritos corn chips
- sour cream
- avocado slices
- Brown the ground beef. Sautee the onion and garlic with the beef as it is cooking. Drain the excess grease.
- Add the taco seasoning and water. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and juice, beans, and corn. Stir.
- Slice the cheese into 1″ pieces and add to soup. Stir occasionally until the cheese is melted and the soup is bubbly.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, avocado slices, and Fritos.