If the thought of “cooking” fudge gives you nightmares (like it does me), you’ve got to try this recipe!
This fudge has only THREE ingredients! And there is NO candy thermometer required! Score! Every time I read a recipe that says, “cook fudge, stirring constantly until a candy thermometer reads such-and-such temperature…” I just move on. Deep down, I really want to give it a try. But then reality sets in and I remember that I don’t own a candy thermometer. I keep thinking I’ll get one someday, but then I remember again that cooking fudge is scary. And I tell myself that maybe I really shouldn’t own a candy thermometer.
But this fudge is just so EASY! Simply melt 3 cups of chocolate chips with a can of sweetened condensed milk. No boiling. No timing. No temperature taking. Just stir, melt, and then pour in a pan. And top with chopped candy canes.
And how fun is it to pull out all your fun Christmas dishes so you can beautifully display this super easy fudge?!
Please try this fudge. It will make you feel good about your fudge-making skills. And for goodness sake, share it with lots and lots of friends!
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- candy canes or peppermint candies, crushed
- Line an 8-by-8-inch square baking pan with foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk and stir until melted and smooth. Do not overcook. Pour into the prepared pan and spread to even out the surface. Sprinkle on the crushed candy canes. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Lift the foil out of the pan and peel off the fudge. Place the fudge on a cutting board and cut into small pieces.